The University of Florida requires health insurance for all UF students. This insurance must meet the Affordable Care Act requirements. The following information will guide you in the insurance process:
- There will be an insurance information hold on your student record hold screen in ISIS, which you must read and agree that you understand.
- A charge for insurance will show up on your student bursar record 30 days prior to the start of the fall semester and every semester after that, if you have not shown proof of health insurance.
- To remove this charge, you may waive it by showing proof of health insurance that meets the UF requirements (as outlined on the website-see #4).
- To waive the charge and show proof of insurance coverage, please go to: http://studentinsurance.shcc.ufl.edu/waiver-instructions/
- Please direct any questions concerning the new policy to Health Compliance Office firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number 352-294-2925
- For assistance with the initial waiver process, please contact Maryshelly at UFIC at: email@example.com.
United HealthCare Insurance - UF Sponsored Plan for all Undergraduate and Graduate Students
On the United HealthCare website, you will be able to see full details of coverage, prices, and be able to enroll online. If you have questions, contact the Local Servicing Agent, Scarborough Company-Insurance, Inc. Their phone # 352-377-2002.
Please click HERE to enroll for insurance.
The dates for the terms for which you may enroll are as follows:
||08/16/2016 - 01/03/2017
||08/16/2016 - 05/07/2017
||08/16/2016 - 08/15/2017
||01/04/2017 - 05/07/2017
||01/04/2017 - 08/15/2017
||05/08/2017 - 08/15/2017
Insurance Plans that are ACA Compliant:
If you are a graduate assistant, teaching assistant, or research assistant and are enrolled and eligible for GatorGradCare Health Insurance, this coverage meets the mandatory health insurance requirement. You do not need to do anything else after submitting the GatorGradCare enrollment through the enrollment site and agreeing to the mandatory health insurance requirement policy through your ISIS account. Because of the timing, you will see the charge for the school-sponsored plan on your account until your GatorGradCare eligibility is confirmed. You should not pay this charge because it will be removed once your GatorGradCare eligibility is confirmed after the drop/add period. Please note that GatorGradCare enrollment is not automatic; students must enroll in GatorGradCare each academic year they are eligible.
- What if you do not have health insurance?
We are proceeding with the Mandatory Health Insurance requirement as an Opt Out system where students who don't opt out by providing documentation of adequate health insurance will be automatically enrolled in the school-sponsored plan. You may either purchase outside health insurance that meets the requirements for comparable coverage or you can be auto-enrolled in the school-sponsored plan.
- What if I do NOTHING before the deadline?
You will be auto-enrolled in the school sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan and a charge will be placed on your account on January 3, 2017. You will not be able to appeal this charge after the fee payment deadline of January 13, 2017 has passed. If you have comparable health insurance coverage, please submit the waiver PRIOR to the deadline and the charge will be removed.
More information including insurance coverage guidelines, frequently asked questions, how to submit one's insurance information and more, can be found at http://studentinsurance.shcc.ufl.edu. If you have further questions, please contact UF Student Health Care Center's (SHCC) Health Compliance Office firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number 352-294-2925. If you have additional questions about the requirement, you may contact the Dean of Students Office at (352) 392-1261.