International Travel

UF is pleased to offer all UF faculty, staff and students traveling on UF business the TeamAssist Emergency Assistance Program.

UF is committed to ensuring the safety of every student, researcher, faculty, and staff member while abroad on university business. To fulfill this commitment, UFIC provides 24-hour emergency contact, monitors international events, informs program participants of potential health and safety issues and provides emergency medical evacuation and repatriation insurance. Please note that this insurance is only for travel on university business and cannot be used for personal travel.

All faculty, staff and students traveling outside the US in conjunction with a UF degree program or on official university business must register their travel to be enrolled in the TeamAssist Emergency Assistance Program.

Note: All students on UF sponsored study abroad programs, independent studies and exchange programs are automatically enrolled in health insurance which includes an emergency assistance program.

Travelers' Health

The Center for Disease Control keeps the public informed about potential health issues in specific destinations in addition to Immunization requirements and recommendation for country or countries you plan to visit. If you need immunization shots before traveling, you can get them at UF Travel clinic, which also provides individualized travel counseling and immunizations specific to your itinerary. You can also contact the Alachua County Health Department for general information concerning immunization requirements for any country, as well as for the Immunization Clinic hours.