2014 Global Culture Photography Competition
The University of Florida International Center (UFIC) invites students, faculty, staff and alumni to enter its annual international photography competition. There are three categories this year. Each entrant may submit up to two digital photos in only one chosen category. All photographs must portray the theme "Global Culture."
Rules and Instructions
In consideration for their participation in the Contest, entrants grant permission to UFIC a non-exclusive license to use the Photos that submitted as set forth below:
- to copy, record, distribute, display, or modify, edit, or condense, in any form UFIC may choose; and to make the Photos available in print, photograph, videotape, audiotape, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, floppy disk, online (Internet, website, FTP, streaming, or otherwise), or by any technology or means now known or hereafter invented.
Entrants also grant permission to use their name, their photographic image, likeness, and biographical information through photograph, videotape, audiotape, or otherwise by any means now known or hereafter invented in connection with the Program or other UFIC purposes or consistent with the mission of the University of Florida.
Entrants represent that they have the right to enter into this agreement and that the Photos are original to them and that they have permission to use them.
Awards: Judges will award a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each of three categories. 1st prize winners will each receive $100, 2nd prize winners will receive $50 and 3rd prize winners will receive $25. Total prizes to be awarded: $525.
Deadlines: Submission period opens August 11, 2014. All entries must be received electronically by October 10th, 2014. Winners will be notified by October 24, 2014.
Categories: Enter one category only.
1) Study Abroad & Service Learning Students (UF sponsored): Open to all current students who have taken part in a UF Study Abroad program in 2013 or 2014, as well as students who participated in a UF sponsored service learning program abroad. Photographs must have been taken during a trip abroad and reflect the competition theme of "Global Culture."
2) International Students, Scholars & Employees (F-1, J-1, H-1B, TN, E-3, O-1): Open to all current UF international students, scholars, faculty and employees on Visas listed above. Photographs must have been taken anywhere in the United States in 2013 or 2014, meeting the theme of "Global Culture."
3) Faculty, Staff & Alumni: Open to all current or retired University of Florida faculty and staff, as well as UF alumni. Photographs must have been taken abroad in 2013 or 2014 and reflect the theme of "Global Culture."
Submission period opens August 11, 2014.
Entries must be received no later than October 10th, 2014.
Online submissions only!!!
Instructions: Each entrant may submit up to two digital photos in only one chosen category. All photographs must have been taken in 2013 or 2014.
Photos Size/Resolution: The size of your digital photos must be at least 1500 x 1200, at a minimum of 150 DPI.
Each photo entry must include the following information:
- Exact name of digital file – Please match the name of digital file with the title of the photo!
- Your Name
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Title of Photo – This title must match the name of the digital file!
- Caption of no more than one sentence (description of the photo)
- Location (city, country) where the photo was taken
- Date when the photo was taken
- Category Number (see above)
Entries not meeting these requirements will be disqualified.
Submission period opens August 11th, 2014
For more information, please email Mabel Cardec or call 273-1515.