I-94 Form (Arrival/Departure Record)

The Arrival/Departure Record Form I-94 shows your record of arrival to and departure from the United States. Effective 4/30/2013, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (USCBP) commenced the rollout of the new automated Form I-94 on a weekly basis for various ports of entries in the U.S. The paper form will no longer be provided to a traveler upon arrival, except in limited circumstances. The traveler will be provided with a CBP admission stamp on their travel document.

After the week of May 21, 2013, Form I-94 will be accessible online to all visitors and it can be obtained from www.cbp.gov/I94.

Failure to turn in the I-94 (or I-94W) form when leaving the U.S.

If you do not turn in your I-94 (or I-94W) when you leave the U.S., you might be identified as an "overstay" and possibly be denied re-entry into the U.S. in the future. If you failed to turn in your I-94, please send it - along with any documentation that proves you left the U.S. to:


1084 South Laurel Road
London, KY 40744

Do not mail your Form I-94 Departure Record or supporting information to any U.S. Consulate or Embassy, to any other CBP Office in the United States, or to any address other than the one above. Only at this location are we able to make the necessary corrections to CBP records to prevent inconvenience to you in the future. The London, Kentucky office does not answer correspondence, so please do not ask for confirmation that your record has been updated.
Documentation to prove your departure can include the boarding pass from your flight. If you exited the country by a land border it is much harder to verify that you did- in fact - leave the country on the date you claim. If you have any documentation of your arrival in your home country (i.e. passport stamp), then you should send a copy of that. If the above office does not have any supporting documents to substantiate your claim to have left the U.S. on a certain date, there is no guarantee that you will be entered into the record as having done so. We strongly urge you to keep a copy of what you send to DHS - CBP SBU and to carry it with you the next time you come to the U.S. in case the CBP officer has any questions about your eligibility to enter.