Diane Fisher Scholarship
We would like to announce UFIC has established two scholarships to be given to two undergraduate international students for outstanding service.
This scholarship will be given in honor of Diane Fisher who passed away in October 2003. Diane Fisher, a Document Preparation Specialist, was an employee of UF for 15 years. She worked closely with departments and students to ensure proper and timely processing of student documents. She was an individual who always gave more than was required. UFIC honors her memory of dedication by establishing the annual Diane Fisher Scholarship to international students who show exemplary service to UF and/or the Gainesville community. We are pleased to announce we will be presenting two scholarships this year of $500.00 each.
The nominees should meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled full-time in a Bachelors program
- Holds at least a 3.0 G.P.A.
- Exhibits outstanding service/contributions to their department/UF or broader community
- A non-immigrant F-1/J-1 student visa holder in good standing
Upon meeting the above criteria you may nominate yourself or another student by submitting the following:
- An essay of 500-800 words answering the questions: What have you done in UF and Gainesville and how have these experiences enhance your degree? How has helping others at UF and in Gainesville influenced your UF experience?
- Submit 3 letters of references from sources, other than family or friends, supporting information in the essay.
A selection committee appointed by the University of Florida International Center will choose and rank the submitted nominees. This award will be presented at the International Student Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, November 17th, 2015. Invitations will be given to recipients with details about the ceremony in early November.