After arriving in the U.S., all exchange visitors are required to check in with EVS immediately. Validation of the SEVIS record will only occur after check-in is completed.
EVS is located in 1765 Stadium Road, Suit 190 Hub. Check-in is conducted between the hours of 8AM and 4PM, Monday through Friday, if the exchange visitor has all required documents (including appropriate verification of insurance coverage requirements).
Documents required for check-in include:
- J-1 Visa
- J-2 Visa for all accompanying J-2 dependents
- Passport and for all accompanying J-2 dependents
- DS-2019 for J-1 and all accompanying J-2 dependents
- Completed Faculty/Scholar Registration Form, and
- Proof of insurance coverage for J-1 and all J-2 dependents that meets federal requirements as outlined on the Insurance Information page.
If you entered the US through a land border, or were issued an I-515A, please also bring the original I-94 card.
If the exchange visitor being sponsored is not located on the main campus of UF, the check-in process may be conducted via fax (352-392-6782) or documents may be scanned and sent electronically to EVS@ufic.ufl.edu.
As a J program sponsor, the University of Florida is required to provide an orientation session to all UF J exchange visitors. The pre arrival guide should be viewed before the exchange visitor arrives in the United States.