Post-graduate Study Program for Chinese students and scholars coming to UF
The Post-graduate Study Abroad Program is a national scholarship program, launched in January 2007, for financing outstanding Chinese students to study at top universities around the world. The Program aims to create a platform for the training and exchanges of talents with an international vision by promoting cooperation and exchanges between top Chinese universities and their counterparts abroad and establishing sustainable academic relationships between them.
Favorably-Sponsored Areas & Majors includes: Energy, Resources, Environment, Agriculture, Manufacture, Information Technology, Life Science, Space Study, Maritime Study, Nanotechnology, New Materials, Humanities and Applied Social Sciences.
CSC calls for applications once a year, normally from February 20 to March 20, according to the agenda specified in the annual “Application Guide to the State Sponsored Study Abroad Programs.” Evaluation results are expected to be announced in May the same year.
Grant Opportunities: It is anticipated that 5000 scholarships will be provided to support outstanding Chinese students to study abroad. Under the program, two different academic opportunities are being offered to the following applicants:
- Ph.D. degree seeking students
- Non-degree seeking scholars
The Scholarship for Ph.D. degree seeking students:
This scholarship will provide a living stipend of at least $1500 per month for the duration of study (36 to 48 months). In order to be eligible for the scholarship, students need to receive a ¼ Assistantship (the standard stipend amount) from the UF hosting department which will result in a tuition waiver for the student. Degree seeking PhD applicants are required to submit a formal conditional admission letter from the UF hosting department when applying for the scholarship. All applicants will have to go through the regular admissions process, providing the required application materials. http://www.admissions.ufl.edu/prospectiveinternational.html
Accepted students will come to UF on an F-1 visa.
- This scholarship program is based on conditional acceptance. The formal acceptance letter will be issued when the applicant has submitted a formal CSC scholarship award letter to the UF host department.
- The UF host department will offer the applicant a ¼ Assistantship which will result in a tuition waiver.
- The English proficiency of the applicant must meet the requirements of the University of Florida.
The Scholarship for non-degree seeking research scholars:
This scholarship will provide a living stipend of at least $1500 per month for the duration of stay (6-24 months). In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants will need to identify an academic advisor in the UF department who is willing to supervise the scholar for a set period of time. The applicant will have to submit to CSC a letter of invitation from the UF host department, along with a detailed research plan. Accepted scholars will come to UF on a J-1 visa. Hosting departments should visit the Exchange Visitor Services unit from the International Center for more information on how to invite a scholar.
- This scholarship program is based on conditional acceptance into the research group. The official invitation letter will be issued when the applicant has submitted a formal CSC scholarship award letter to the host university professor.
- The host professor will provide a joint-supervision research plan which is attached to the letter.
- The host professor will provide an adequate research environment and facilities to the applicant.
- It is understood that the applicant will cover all the expenses during the period of his/her stay, including living, health insurance, international travel, local transportation and others.
- The host university will treat the applicant as a visiting scholar, so no tuition is being charged to the applicant.
- The host professor must state the English proficiency of the applicant as adequate to carry out research and attend seminars.