The health and safety of our students are of the utmost importance to the University of Florida and the International Center. We recognize the potential health risks that come with entering a foreign environment and we know that health care in other countries can be very expensive. It is for this reason that the International Center ensures that all UF students who are studying abroad and all students on UF Sponsored and Exchange programs are covered by international health insurance while abroad.
Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI)
All students on UF Sponsored, Exchange, and Independent Studies/Internship programs, as well as UF students on Non-UF programs will be enrolled in the International Center’s health insurance policy with Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI). For students on UF Sponsored programs, the cost of enrollment in CISI will be included in the program fee and will be billed with that item. Students on UF Exchange, Independent Studies/Internship programs and UF students on Non-UF programs will be billed separately for their enrollment at the rate of $32.00 per month (subject to change with contract renewals). International students who show proof of sufficient insurance that covers them for their studies in the US will not be enrolled in and charged for CISI, unless they study in their home country.
Students on these programs will be enrolled three (3) days prior to the start of their program through two (2) days after the reported end date of their program. Students will receive an email prior to the departure of their program with the specific terms regarding their coverage while abroad and their health insurance card. If you do not receive this email, please click here to view and print out our insurance policy.
Students on Non-UF Programs
Many independent program providers and other U.S. universities also have health insurance plans in which participating students are enrolled. Below is a list of such providers whose policies meet UF requirements for health insurance. UF students going on these programs will not be enrolled in CISI.
- AGE (Alliance for Global Education)
- AIFS (American Institute for Foreign Study)
- API (Academic Programs International)
- Arcadia University
- AustraLearn/GlobalLinks GlobaLinks (excluding EuroScholars, and excluding internships outside of Asia and Australia)
- Institute for Study Abroad – Butler University (IFSA Butler)
- CAPA International Education
- CEA (Cultural Experiences Abroad)
- CET Academic Programs
- Ed Abroad Network (AU, Asia and NZ programs)
- FAU (Florida Atlantic University )
- FGCU (Florida Gulf Coast University )
- FIU (Florida International University)
- FSU (Florida State University)
- GSE (Global Student Experience)
- IAU College
- IES (International Education of Students)
- ISA (International Studies Abroad)
- SAI (Study Abroad Italy)
- UCF (University of Central Florida)
- UGA (University of Georgia)
- UNF (University of North Florida)
- USAC (University Studies Abroad Consortium)
- USF (University of South Florida)