Application Process: How to Apply
We are pleased that you have chosen to study at the University of Florida as an international exchange student. Please click here for the list of our exchange partner institutions; check to be sure your school is listed there.
The first step is to apply for the exchange through your own school’s international office and for them to notify the Exchange Coordinator that they have approved you to participate in the exchange for a specific semester. Once your school has notified the Exchange Coordinator, you may begin the online application process.
A COMPLETE Exchange Program application must be submitted online by the application deadline (May 1 for fall and academic year applicants, October 1 for spring applicants, February 1 for summer applicants). It is important the forms are filled out carefully and correctly to ensure they will be able to be processed and approved in a timely manner. Instructions for completing each form are available within the online application. A complete application includes the following items:
- Exchange Students SEVIS Questionnaire
- Exchange Student English Verification Form
- Certification of Financial Responsibility
- Non-Degree Registration
- Course Request Form (not required for Business, Engineering, or Law students)
- Copy of most recent transcript
- Copy of Passport
- Academic Report Request Form
- Weaver International House Interest Form if the student wishes on-campus housing
The next two items must be submitted within 30 days after the application deadline:
- Mandatory Immunization and Health History Form
- Verification of Health Insurance
There are no additional requirements to be accepted to study here on exchange. Please:
- DO NOT apply for admission to UF
- DO NOT submit letters of recommendation.
Once your application has been accepted, you will receive an e-mail with your UF identification number (UFID). To study as an exchange student at UF, the Exchange Coordinator must create a DS-2019 form after the materials are submitted. The DS-2019 form is required to apply for a J visa to study in the US as a non-degree-seeking student.