There is no regulatory prohibition on a J-1 Professor or Research Scholar enrolling in classes as long as:
- classes do not become the primary objective.
- classes are incidental to his or her primary activity;
- the Professor or Research Scholar continues to pursue the objectives for which he or she came;
- the program continues to fulfill the objectives of the Professor or Research Scholar category; and,
- The Faculty Sponsor has provided written approval to EVS
Consultation with an EVS staff member and an international student advisors should be undertaken before pursuing a degree program. Click here for International Student Services contact information.