The University of Florida requires health insurance for all UF students. This insurance must meet the Affordable Care Act requirements. The following information will guide you in the insurance process:
- There will be an insurance information hold on your student record hold screen in ISIS, which you must read and agree that you understand.
- A charge for insurance will show up on your student bursar record 30 days prior to the start of the fall semester and every semester after that, if you have not shown proof of health insurance.
- To remove this charge, you may waive it by showing proof of health insurance that meets the UF requirements (as outlined on the website-see #4).
- To waive the charge and show proof of insurance coverage, please go to: http://studentinsurance.shcc.ufl.edu/waiver-instructions/
- Please direct any questions concerning the new policy to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (352)294-2925.
- For assistance with the initial waiver process, please contact Maryshelly at UFIC at: insurance @ufic.ufl.edu.
Insurance Plans that are ACA Compliant:
- What if you do not have health insurance?
We are proceeding with the Mandatory Health Insurance requirement as an Opt Out system where students who don't opt out by providing documentation of adequate health insurance will be automatically enrolled in the school-sponsored plan. You may either purchase outside health insurance that meets the requirements for comparable coverage or you can be auto-enrolled in the school-sponsored plan.
- What if I do NOTHING before the deadline?
You will be auto-enrolled in the school sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan and a charge will be placed on your account on September 1, 2017. You will not be able to appeal this charge after the fee payment deadline of September 4th has passed. If you have comparable health insurance coverage, please submit the waiver PRIOR to the deadline and the charge will be removed.
More information including insurance coverage guidelines, frequently asked questions, how to submit one's insurance information and more, can be found at http://studentinsurance.shcc.ufl.edu. If you have further questions, please contact UF Student Health Care Center's (SHCC) Health Compliance Office or call 352-294-2925. If you have additional questions about the requirement, you may contact the Dean of Students Office at (352) 392-1261.