Haiti Working Group
The Haiti Working Group is a venue for sharing information, discussing current trends and facilitating learning and work done by UF faculty and graduate students in Haiti.
USAID|Watershed Initiative for National Natural Environment Resources (WINNER) Project
“WINNER is a multidisciplinary program that aims to improve the livelihoods of the rural populations of Haiti. It does this through reducing risks posed by environmental degradation in the catchment areas of Plaine du Cul-de-Sac and Gonaïves.
2011, submitted by Andrew Tarter – Anthropology doctoral student interviewing a Haitian farmer about trees in the south of Haiti.
UF's Efforts to Support Sustainability and Autonomy in Haiti
- Go to this website: http://community.education.ufl.edu/community/
- Click on the blue button in the upper left that says "Log In/Register with GatorLink." (Even people without gatorlinks can get them for the purpose of participating in the COE Online Community.)
- Type "Haiti" in the search box and the group "UF's Efforts to Support Sustainability and Autonomy in Haiti" will be the second thing listed. (Note that Cirecie West-Olatunji's group is listed first. Folks can consider joining that group, too.)
- Join group to get access to all of the content posted there.
Disaster Mental Health Counseling Haiti Outreach 2011
In the fall of 2010, Dr. Cirecie West-Olatunji of the College of Education received a UF Faculty Enhancement Opportunity grant to augment understanding of post-disaster resilience and coping within the multicultural context of Haiti. This video describes the experience of counselor education, disaster mental health response, and general outreach experiences for the students. Click here to view Dr. West-Olatunji's Haiti blog.
- A Partnership in Delivering High Quality Programming in Agribusiness in Haiti
by Drs. Allen Wysocki and James Sterns. September 2011
- WINNER Annual Review (October 2010 - September 2011)
Novermber 9, 2011
Click here for a list of cooperative agreements in Haiti.
If you would like to be added to the working group listserv and to attend meetings, please contact Dr. Michael Perri, email@example.com.