After arriving in the U.S., all exchange visitors are required to check in with EVS immediately. Validation of the SEVIS record will only occur after check-in is completed.
EVS is located in 1765 Stadium Road, Suit 190 Hub. Check-in is conducted Monday through Friday at 10:00 am and 3:00 pm, if the exchange visitor has all required documents (including appropriate verification of insurance coverage requirements). If you need to purchase insurance when you arrive, you will need to plan to attend check-in at a later time.
Documents required for check-in include:
- J-1 Visa
- J-2 Visa for all accompanying J-2 dependents
- Passport and for all accompanying J-2 dependents
- DS-2019 for J-1 and all accompanying J-2 dependents
- Completed Faculty/Scholar Registration Form, and
- Proof of insurance coverage for J-1 and all J-2 dependents that meets federal requirements as outlined on the Insurance Information page.
If you entered the US through a land border, or were issued an I-515A, please also bring the original I-94 card.
If the exchange visitor being sponsored is not located on the main campus of UF, the check-in process may be conducted via long distance. Documents may be scanned and sent electronically to EVS@ufic.ufl.edu.
As a J program sponsor, the University of Florida is required to provide an orientation session to all UF J exchange visitors. The pre arrival guide should be viewed before the exchange visitor arrives in the United States.